- Network Cloud Systems Architect/Engineer
- The network infrastructure is the technological foundation for a portfolio of mobility, business and wireline services that bridge the Internet and Entertainment worlds.
- The evolution plan requires that Network Control Plane Applications (DNS, DHCP, Radius, NTP, LRSI) be virtualized and orchestrated to enhance the security, scalability, and resiliency of infrastructure and services.
- In addition, new features are developed to improve operational efficiencies, such as closed-loop orchestration for automated management of IP Network Control Plane Applications.
- The Network Cloud Architect/Engineer will assist in the feasibility, design, and planning of the Control Plane Applications on the new platform.
- Strong background on Cloud technologies and Software Defined Networks, (e.g, Openstack, OpenDaylight, Linux Containers, Docker, AWS, Azure)
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Radius, Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), snmp, SQL, at the protocol and implementation level.
- Strong background on network security technologies (Firewalls, IPS), and protocols/algorithms (SSL/TLS, Encryption/Decryption, Threat vectors and counter measures).
- Detailed knowledge of Linux-based OSes (e.g., Red Hat, Ubuntu)
- Ability to do detailed system design and plan implementation through multiple iterations from concept to production
- Ability to incorporate industry knowledge and customer needs into product roadmaps
- Ability to write working code or scripts to analyze data or create prototypes and guide developers.
- Requires great interpersonal skills, excellent oral and technical writing skills.
- A minimum of B.Sc., M.Sc. (preferable) or applied PhD in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field.
The successful candidate's key tasks and deliverables include:
- Ideate, document and present, new or improved designs for a variety of new initiatives, services or implementations.
- Provide or contribute to Technical Service Descriptions (or Agile equivalent) for automation of AT&T Control Plane applications on the Domain 2.0 Cloud platform that development and operations teams use to determine system development requirements, process changes and acceptance criteria.
- Participate or lead project meetings to report on progress, uncover/resolve issues, and ensure that the work product meets the needs of the service.
- Above deliverables will be required per release
- Effectively coordinate work with matrixed teams including Labs, Foundries, Technology Development, Technology Planning & Engineering, Operations Planning, and Operations.